5th and 6th August, 2017 | Manipal University
More than half of India’s population is below the age of twenty-five. It is expected that in 2020, the average age of Indians will be twenty-nine years, while China and Japan will have the average at thirty-seven and forty-eight respectively. By 2030, India’s dependency ratio will be just over 0.4. This means that if harnessed prudently, India will have access to an extremely energetic and talented human capital, with the capability of making significant contributions to the nation. It is also believed that competence and talent, along with compassion and sensitivity, will bring about more sustainable change.
Educational institutions have the opportunity to impact and nurture this potential and give to society smart, caring, and compassionate individuals. Manipal University has been encouraging students to give back in various ways. For the past few years, the university has been celebrating Daan Utsav- the Joy of Giving Week, India’s festival of giving. Placed in a position to catalyze a greater role for the youth in giving, social impact, and nation building, it will host, for the first time in India’s history, a national conference on the role of youth in giving and social change.
The inaugural National Conference on Youth in Social Change is to be held on the 5th and 6th of August, 2017 at the Manipal University. This one-of-its-kind conference aims to sensitize India to bring about a social change and promote Daan Utsav, especially among the youth and the student community.
It will feature more than one thousand participants from all around the country, eminent panelists and speakers, top Entrepreneurs, NGOs, CSOs, CSR Heads and Social Groups.
WHO CAN ATTEND?
College Students, Faculty, Alumni, Corporate and NGO Representatives, from across the country.
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU?
- Listen and Interact with some really inspirational people who are changing the world.
- Be inspired to bring about Social Change no matter what you do.
- Participate in exciting contests and win Prizes.
- Take back ideas and plans to celebrate Daan Utsav in your state.
- Find exciting internship opportunities with NGOs and other corporates.
- Be a part of planning Daan Utsav 2017!
- Make lots of new friends from across the country.
- Visit an International University Campus at Manipal.
- FILM MAKING : Contestants will have to shoot a 30 second film and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Selected Contestants will qualify for the Jury Round where they will face off in rounds of technical film-making scrutiny by the panel.
- TEN CRORE INDIANS GIVING : Creating Plans for Daan Utsav 2017! Teams will be made and they will make plans on Day 1 and submit on Day 2 to celebrate Daan Utsav Nationwide!
- SWACCH BHARAT : Waste Management Business Plan Presentation Competition. Plans to be submitted online to email@example.com. Top Teams to qualify for Jury Round!
- Registration Fees of INR 200 /- per delegate (Inclusive of All Taxes) to be paid online. Registration Guidelines.
- Free Accomodation will be provided to delegates on a first come first serve basis. Corporates and Others will have to make their own arrangements.
- Delagates will have to take care of their own travel arrangements. Buses from Mangalore (Nearest City with Airport) will be arranged at specific time slots. The Transportation Details can be found here.
- Registration Kits, Local Transport, Breakfast, Lunch, Tea to be provided during the conference days.
- Last Date of Registration: July 31st, 2017